Friday 28Jun19 - RESEARCH UPDATE

Today's the day. I will begin the heavy lifting portion of my project. The research is done. I have some familiarity with the Python packages that will allow me to accomplish my goals: Astropy Tables, which are a simple and intuitive way to view data that is organized into formated tables; and Pandas, which offers some very powerful tools for performing operations on multiple different tables.

Rebecca and I made a flowchart last week that shows every step of the process for the code I am writing. I'm going to make a cleaned up graphic for that and post it here. Then I will identify which information I am missing and need to create myself. I have a Texas Advanced Computing Center account which will allow me to use the processing power of a supercomputer to experiment with my project. Later today I will update this post.

11:30 UPDATE:

Rebecca Larson and I discussed the details of my project last Friday, and she drew a flowchart for how my code should work

16:00 UPDATE:

I have done it. My code should work. The rest of our data has not caught up to where I'm at, so I will resume progress on Monday.

I've begun working on a presentation of this project.

Comments

Popular Posts